Thursday 24 June 2021

Octopus Writing.

An octopus has 8 arms to catch enough food and move around. An octopus has suction on its legs called suckers and they help octopods to move around. The octopus has a brain in every leg and 3 brains in its head.



The life cycle of an octopus.

The life cycle of an octopus comes from an egg and then it turns into a larva which is a young/baby octopus, next is a juvenile which is like a teenage octopus, and last is the adult. All octopods are the same but in their different ways eg: they move around the same, and they have the same shaped body but some are smaller than others.



What are their habitats?

The octopus habitat is anywhere around the world but their main habitat is in marine coastal waters. A lot of other octopods live in their dens which are around the US and other places near that so like I said before all around the WORLD.



The food chain of an octopus.

octopods feed on clams, fish, and even other octopods like themselves which is called a cannibal. crustacean is a dried-up food that octopods feed on. crustacean is the main food that they eat but it is not the most common for them because they live in the ocean and crustacean is dried up food.



The species of an octopus.

The species is an animal but in different styles than the other, that has the same name. The Atlantic pygmy octopus is a rare and very fascinating octopus to research but we haven't been able to research it in time because we had to pick a few species but we only got one in time.


Hi, my name is Curtis and I have written so that you can learn about octopods which is an octopus but a group of them. For a couple of days now we have been researching octopods. this is what I did and you can see my group's work down at the bottom of my caption. I liked that I tried my best and that I did pretty good for the amount of information that I wrote down. I didn't like that we have a week or two to actually research, but then today we wrote it down so I could have added more if I could concentrate when we were researching because then we could have written more down. I hope you enjoy and learn something off of this or did enjoy my facts.   http://paroagreyjaria.blogspot.com/                                                                                                                  https://paroagreyemily.blogspot.com/                                                                                                                https://gmsellah4373.blogspot.com/ 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Curtis my name is Marshall. I like how much effort you have put in to your work. somethings I didn't know about octopuses

    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Curtis my name is wuatai and I am from glenbrae school and like what you did about octopuses and it's amazing how you all that information like their habitats and more. You did a great job keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Curtis, my name is Jaydin and I am a year 8 student at Glenbrae school. I really enjoyed reading your work on an octopus. I have learned a lot of things from your post. Did you enjoy doing this activity? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I am Curtis from, Paroa school. Thx I appreciate the compliments and that you enjoyed my work. Yes thx I did enjoy this activity.

      Delete
  4. Hi Curtis,
    This report has so much informations and this is well explained. Well done to you !! These informations might come in handy one day ;) You must know a lot by now. Which is your favorite sea animal?
    Well Done!

    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I am Curtis from, Paroa school. Thx I appreciate the compliments and that you enjoyed my work, I like dolphins, what are your favourite sea animal?

      Delete
  5. Hi Curtis , Pitara here from Glenbrae school. This information report is very interesting because you've talked a lot of about an otcopus. Did you enjoy writing about an otcopus? Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Curtis my name is Gideon i'm from Glenbrae school and I just want to say I really like your work about Octopus and I also like how you have given us some interesting facts about it and its daily life and I have learnt a thing or two about this interesting work. But anyways keep up the great work and also the great blogging and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Curtis It's Taylor From Glenbrae School Just want you to know that I really like your work and fined it very cool and I think Octopus are cool to. Well have a good one keep up the work and keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Hello Curtis this lots of wirting you have made good job. i reall like your title about Octpus. keep the great work going

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Orana Curtis -

    your writing about octopuses is really cool.
    You've explained the habitats, the life cycle and the food chain.
    Maybe for some of the paragraphs you could of wrote a bit more but other than that, Outstanding work :))

    By Soane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.